Regions: Central and Metro West
Commitment to advancing healthy aging:
We currently offer many healthy aging activities, classes, and programs for all levels of abilities. We have also created the following goals for the next 5 years:
Address Ageism: Help Northborough and Senior Center community become aware of ageism and alternative perceptions (“Ageism is prejudice against oneself.”)
– Offer community programs about aging and ageism.
– Look at models from other towns including Boston Strong Commission.
– Create town-wide taskforce to look into this and make a recommendation
– Talk with other towns who have gone through the process
– Talk with AARP MA about what’s involved
Transportation: Focus on Additional Transportation options including education for older adults regarding transportation options
– Work with town and regional transit authority for more options
– Review transportation programs offered by other COAs and Senior Centers including TRIPPS (Brookline and Newton)
Housing: Focus on housing options for aging in the Northborough community
– Conduct research
o What’s the need?
o What are demographically similar towns doing?
o What are some options?
– Consider creating a town-wide taskforce