The Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative’s Equity in Aging Committee, including AARP Massachusetts and the Public Health Institute of Western MA, is co-hosting a series of webinars with the Diverse Elders Coalition titled, “Caring for Those who Care.”
“Caring For Those Who Care” is a dynamic curriculum that provides insights into the experiences, needs and preferred service delivery methods for diverse family caregivers. This introductory session will engage social service providers and healthcare professionals on how to best support caregivers of African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian-American, Southeast Asian-American, LGBT, and American Indian/Alaska Native identities. Learn new tips for building relationships, programming, and resources for these diverse caregivers and the elders they care for.
REGISTER: Family Caregiving for Diverse Elders
Addressing unmet family caregiving needs in diverse communities. View the introductory webinar (below) or register for the remaining training modules focused on supporting caregivers and older adults in a variety of population groups.
The following webinar modules are offered to support Caregivers from all and/or the specific following communities (these webinars will NOT be recorded):
- LGBT Caregivers, June 24th at 11 a.m. EST
- Hispanic Caregivers, July 8th at 11 a.m. EST | Register here
- Asian American Caregivers, July 15th at 11 a.m. EST | Register here
- Southeast Asian American Caregivers, July 22nd at 11 a.m. EST | Register here
- African American Caregivers, July 29th at 11 a.m. EST | Register here
- American Indian and Alaska Native Caregivers, August 5th at 11 a.m. EST | Register here
Caring for those who care: Introductory Webinar
This webinar sets forth a series of training modules (noted above) focused on supporting caregivers and older adults in the six population groups mentioned above.