There is so much amazing work being done as part of the age- and dementia friendly movement in Massachusetts and AARP’s Livable Communities team is requesting that every network community (those recognized in the AARP age-friendly network) complete the Annual Survey of Age-Friendly Community Leaders to gain insight on those efforts (*Note: if your community is working together with other communities (regional approach), AARP only needs one response per region).
If you have any issues accessing the survey via the link above, you can click on or paste this link https://umaine.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sDu3wmURTR0gGa into your web browser. The responses you provide will enable AARP to:
- Learn about your community experience as you go through the process
- Identify how you are integrating age-friendly into other community work/planning
- Better understand how you are coordinating your age-friendly initiatives and engaging stakeholders, volunteers, residents, funders
- Gain insight on the opportunities and challenges that your community has experienced
- Collect and share annual best practices (something you are most proud of or that you feel may be helpful to other network communities)
The information that you and other network communities put forth will be aggregated and analyzed. The findings will then be shared with the network and presented in an upcoming NAFSC webinar. They will be used to help develop resources, webinar topics, portal enhancements, technical supports, and more. AARP will also look to this information as a way to identify and publicly tell stories of the amazing work being done by network communities across the nation.