Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation (CEDAC) is pleased to announce the availability of approximately $75,000 in funding for the Boston Tenant Organizing Program (BTOP).
This program, administered on behalf of the City of Boston’s Department of Neighborhood Development, supports tenant organizing activities in privately owned multifamily rental projects located in the City of Boston.
1. The projects to be supported must contain at least five units of rental housing, be non-owner occupied, and have some low and moderate-income tenants.
2. Applicants must demonstrate in writing that they have the support of the tenants in the property they propose to organize within three months of the award.
3. The property cannot be owned, even in part, by the applicant (or any of its affiliates).
4. The applicant must be a Massachusetts Chapter 180 non-profit organization.
5. Projects that were awarded BTOP funding in FY 2019 are eligible to re-apply for additional funding in FY 2020.
For more information, please see the CEDAC/BTOP Notice of Funding Availability.