Periodically, the Healthy Aging Collaborative will share news articles that mention state and local efforts to make cities, towns and regions in Massachusetts Age- and Dementia Friendly.
Check out the following articles from late July on the momentum of this movement building across the state.
- Spare Bedrooms in Boston Homes Critical to Solving Housing Crisis (Charlestown Patriot-Bridge)
- MBTA: Everett First Local City to Speed Bus Commute with Raised Platforms (MassDOT Blog)
- County Fare: Age-Friendly Lanesborough (Berkshire Eagle)
- Legislators reach deal on opioids, but not on health care by end of session (Boston Globe)
- Healthy Aging looks to tackle ‘silver tsunami’ (Martha’s Vineyard Times)
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces $6.4 Million in Complete Streets Funding Awards (MassDOT Blog)