AmeriCorps Seniors invites organizations to submit applications for the FY 2024 Senior Companion and Foster Grandparent programs. These funding opportunities specifically help AmeriCorps Seniors focus Senior Companion and Foster Grandparent projects on issues that are critical to communities and help expand the programs to more geographies.
Applications are due on February 1, 2024.Programs that include the following programmatic characteristics will receive priority consideration. Please read the Notices of Funding for a complete list of funding priorities.
Senior Companion Program
Under this program, programming must engage adults 55 and older to serve as volunteers who help other older adults and those with disabilities live independently. Activities may include providing support and/or facilitating access to services and resources that contribute to independent living, including:
- Projects that propose to raise public awareness about the challenges and needs of family caregivers.
- Projects serving people with arrest/conviction records, providing reentry opportunities.
- Programs that support civic bridgebuilding projects.
Foster Grandparent Program
Under this program, grants must provide and/or facilitate access to services and resources that contribute to improved educational outcomes for economically disadvantaged people, especially children and youth, and those with special and/or exceptional needs. Activities may include facilitating access to services and resources that contribute to school readiness, improve academic performance, and/or provide support that improves academic engagement, including those that:
- Prepare AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers to enter early learning careers.
- Serve people with arrest/conviction records, providing reentry opportunities.
- Include efforts to help local communities continue to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support civic bridgebuilding projects.
Full details about AmeriCorps Seniors program funding and available training sessions can be found on the 2024 Senior Companion Program webpage and the 2024 Foster Grandparent Program webpage. The total level of funding is subject to availability of annual appropriations