To recognize April as Healthcare Decisions Month, the Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative became an Alliance Partner of Honoring Choices Massachusetts and will work on connecting their resources and Ambassadors to Age and Dementia Friendly Community efforts.
Here are a few easy ways to celebrate Healthcare Decisions Month:
- Make Your Own Health Care Plan. You can do-it-yourself.
You can make your own personal plan to write down your health care choices for best possible care all through your life. Download a free Getting Started Tool Kit, which includes : 1.MA Health Care Proxy to appoint your Health Care Agent, 2. MA Personal Directive (Living Will) to give instructions to your Agent & family, and 3. “5 Things To Talk About With Your Care Providers” a handy discussion guide. Read more here.
- Host an Event
Everyone- families, employers, health care, community and faith based groups can host a simple “Who’s Your Agent?” event and empower adults to complete a free MA Health Care Proxy. We provide event ideas and free downloadable MA documents and will post your event information on our “Events Calendar”. Read more here.
- Become a Health Care Planning Ambassador
All seniors, community volunteers, and care providers can increase your knowledge to start health care planning discussions with adults in your community. Attend a free Ambassador Workshop for everything you need to confidently help adults create a Health Care Proxy and Personal Directive. Read more and register for these upcoming workshops:
- Belmont Council on Aging, April 10, 1:00-2:30pm, 266 Beech Street, Belmont, MA . Register here.
- Baystate Health, April 18, 2018, 2pm-4pm, 361 Whitney Avenue, Holyoke, MA. Register here.
- Beverly Council on Aging, April 26th, 2018, 9:00-10:30am, 90 Colon St., Beverly, MA. Register here.
- UMass Memorial Medical Center, May 30, 9am-10:30, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester Register Here.
- Cape Cod Hospital, May 2, 2-4pm, Hyannis. Register Here.
For more information and free tools, https://www.honoringchoicesmass.com/news/nhhd/