With aging might come changes in older adults’ ability to get around and do the things they want and need to do. These mobility changes may affect older adults’ health and independence and are related to an increased risk of falls and motor vehicle crashes—the two leading causes of older adult injury.
The CDC released a new mobility planning tool to help older adults create a personalized MyMobility Plan. This planning tool, along with a supporting fact sheet about medicines that might increase risk of a fall or motor vehicle crash, helps older adults plan for mobility changes similar to the way that many plan financially for retirement.
The MyMobility Plan provides resources and tips for older adults to help maintain mobility, make their homes safer to prevent falls, and consider alternative transportation options as they age so they can stay safe, mobile, and independent longer.
Download CDC’s MyMobility Plan today for you or your loved ones!
- Read CDC’s “Are Your Medicines Increasing Your Risk of a Fall or a Car Crash?” Fact Sheet
- Visit CDC’s motor vehicle safety website: Older Adult Drivers
- Visit CDC’s Older Adult Falls website
- Share our social media graphics and additional resources
- Read the CDC Feature article on Older Driver Safety Awareness Week