The Healey-Driscoll Administration awarded $3 million in grants to acute care hospitals and Aging Services Access Points (ASAPs) across Massachusetts through the Hospital to Home Partnership Program. The program is designed to build partnerships between hospitals and ASAPs to strengthen communication and coordination with community providers.
Communities working to become more age- and dementia friendly may consider how they may be able to build additional support around this program to support patients transitioning from hospital to the home.
Hospital and ASAP partners will work together to ensure that the appropriate services and supports are in place to enable hospital patients to transition directly to home and community-based settings after discharge, with appropriate services and supports. ASAP awardees will use these funds to hire dedicated personnel, to work in partnership with the hospital and other regional partners to help connect patients and their families to resources and services in their own communities, ensuring that the appropriate supports are put into place within their homes.
Awardees may also use the funds to implement programs or technologies that will ease patient transitions from hospital to home.
Funding for the grant came from the American Rescue Plan Act and provides up to $300,000 to awardee ASAPs and hospitals in partnership, over the next two years.
- Greater Springfield Senior Services in partnership with Baystate Health
- Western Mass Eldercare Inc. in partnership with Holyoke Medical Center
- Elder Services of Worcester in partnership with UMass Memorial
- Tri-Valley Inc. in partnership with Milford Regional Medical Center
- AgeSpan Inc. in partnership with Lawrence General Hospital
- Somerville Cambridge Elder Services in partnership with Cambridge Health Alliance
- Mystic Valley Elder Services Inc. in partnership with Tufts Medicine Melrose Wakefield Hospital
- Springwell Inc. in partnership with Newton Wellesley Hospital
- Old Colony Elder Services In. in partnership with Beth Israel Deaconess Plymouth