What does it mean for a community to be “walkable” and how can we create neighborhoods that are safe, active, accessible and vibrant?
WalkBoston is hosting a training called “Promoting Walkability: Creating Safe and Active Neighborhoods” on June 2nd from 9:30am-12:30pm, 9:00 am at the Main South CDC in Worcester (875 Main Street). The event will include a walking component in the Worcester Main South neighborhood where attendees will explore issues of walkability firsthand!
Topics to be covered include:
- Integrating walkability into a development project and linking a project with municipal plans to improve walking conditions
- Engaging and working with residents and active transportation advocates to understand and improve walkability
- An overview of how to conduct a walk assessment of a neighborhood
- Wendy Landman and Adi Nochur, WalkBoston
- Casey Starr, Main South CDC
- Karin Valentine-Goins, WalkBike Worcester