The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is offering stipends for “Consumer Readers” that can assist in selecting future health plans for One Care and Senior Care Options (SCO) in Massachusetts. One Care and SCO are comprehensive health programs for adults with disabilities (One Care) and older adults (SCO) that both aim to provide the best possible care and support to enhance enrollees’ well-being and independence. As you may have heard, EOHHS has started a multi-year process to re-procure these programs, and the selected health plans will begin coverage in 2026. To assist EOHHS with the health plan selection process, EOHHS would appreciate feedback on the responses submitted by future One Care and SCO plans from individuals who are enrolled in, or have experience with, One Care or SCO. If you, or someone you know, would be interested in providing this feedback, we invite you to apply to become a “Consumer Reader.” Selected Consumer Reader applicants will review key sections of the detailed responses from potential future One Care or SCO plans. In addition, Consumer Readers will engage with MassHealth staff to discuss these responses and share feedback. Consumer Readers will be offered stipends for their time and participation.
Consumer readers will:
- Attend a kick-off meeting in early 2024
- Read certain parts of responses from 3-9 One Care or SCO bidders from February to May of 2024 (approximately 12 hours of reading per response)
- Attend approximately ten meetings in the Spring of 2024
- Attend presentations in the Spring to Summer of 2024
All meetings will be held virtually with accommodations to support Consumer Reader participation. Documents will be provided in an accessible format convenient for the reader (e.g., hard copy, electronic, accessible electronic, large print, etc.).
In addition, EOHHS may request certain program input from Consumer Readers in Fall 2023.
We welcome you to apply if you are:
- At least 21 years of age
- A MassHealth member with a disability or at least 65 years of age
- A family member of a MassHealth member who is an adult with a disability or at least 65 years of age
- Have knowledge of or experience with One Care and SCO, personally or through family
To apply, please review the Notice of Opportunity and then complete the Consumer Reader Application form below under Additional Resources or COMMBUYS. Please send your completed applications to Amy Butcher (Amy.Butcher@mass.gov) by 4pm on Friday, September 15th, 2023.
More information on this opportunity is available here.