With the support of the Tufts Health Plan Foundation and under the leadership of FSG, the Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative Executive Committee has been engaged for the past six months in an intense and productive planning process focused on developing an action plan to achieve our goals.
Join us on September 9 to learn more.
When: Friday, September 9, 10 a.m.* to noon
Where: Tufts Health Plan Foundation, 705 Mt. Auburn Street, Watertown
*Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. Refreshments will also be provided.
A guiding principle for this process was a commitment to honor the work the Collaborative had done. The result is a roadmap that will help the Collaborative deliver on a vision of making “Massachusetts a leader in vibrant age-friendly communities with a focus on older adults.”
To advance this vision, the Collaborative landed on three activities:
- Initiate behavior change among policymakers and planners to use an age-friendly lens and adopt specific “asks”
- Recruit and engage age-friendly “champions” among the usual and unusual suspects
- Build capacity of local communities to embark on the age-friendly journey
We need your input as a member to the Advisory Council as we continue to shape this action plan and your help in its implementation. Register now.
We will discuss:
- Why it is important for Massachusetts to become a leader in age-friendly
- What the Collaborative’s role looks like in making Massachusetts a leader in age-friendly
- How we can catalyze action from our strategic planning process
- How we can align our individual efforts for greater impact on age-friendly communities
- How the Collaborative can help you promote healthy aging and age-friendly communities
Alice Bonner, secretary of elder affairs for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, will also join us to discuss why age/dementia-friendly efforts matter, the importance of public/private/local partnerships, and the value of aligning our efforts.
Get directions to Tufts Health Plan Foundation, 705 Mt. Auburn Street, Watertown, Massachusetts.