MassDOT is preparing the next five-year capital plan, a spending plan that will guide investments in our transportation system between 2020 and 2024.
The Capital Investment Plan (CIP) determines how the agency prioritizes and funds their investments, covering all transportation projects – everything from highway and municipal projects to regional airports, rail and transit, including the MBTA and Regional Transit Authorities as well as bicycle and pedestrian projects across the Commonwealth.
MassDOT wants to hear from you about your priorities for transportation projects both local and statewide. This is an excellent opportunity for Age-Friendly and Dementia Friendly stakeholders to tell MassDOT how they can improve our transportation systems, enhance our transportation capacity where needed, and build new projects to help communities prosper and get residents where they need to go.
Representatives from MassDOT will inform attendees on how to get involved at the local and state level, provide a draft overview of the 2020 – 2024 CIP and record your input about your transportation needs and capital priorities. Please help spread the word about these Capital Investment Plan meetings to friends, family and business associates. Make your voice heard. Your participation is critical to meeting your transportation needs.
CIP Public Meeting Schedule
- BOSTON – Tuesday, May 21st – 6:30pm, Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Board Room
- DANVERS – Tuesday, May 21st – 6:00pm, Danvers Senior Center, 25 Stone St.
- FALMOUTH – Wednesday, May 22nd – 6:30pm, Falmouth Library (Hermann Foundation Room), 300 Main St.
- BRAINTREE – Thursday, May 23rd – 6:30pm, Thayer Public Library, 798 Washington St.
- FALL RIVER – Thursday, May 23rd – 6:30pm, Fall River Library (Large meeting room), 104 North Main St.
- PITTSFIELD – Tuesday, May 28th – 6:00pm, Berkshire Regional Planning Commission, 1 Fenn St, #201
- NATICK – Wednesday, May 29th – 6:30pm. Natick Town Hall (Selectmen Room), 13 East Central St.
- LOWELL – Thursday, May 30th – 6:30pm, Pollard Library (Community Meeting Room), 401 Merrimack St.
- LEOMINSTER – Monday, June 3rd – 6:30pm, Leominster City Hall (Auditorium), 25 West St.
- ROXBURY – Tuesday, June 4th – 6:30pm, Bolling Municipal Building, 2300 Washington St.
- WORCESTER – Wednesday, June 5th – 6:30pm, Worcester City Hall (South Meeting Room), 455 Main St.
- SPRINGFIELD – Thursday, June 6th – 6:00pm, Springfield Library (Mason Square Branch), 765 State St.