MHAC intends to keep a running list of available online resources shared by Age- and Dementia Friendly Communities that can serve as examples for others. This includes sample assessments, action plans and exciting ongoing initiatives.
We will update this resource as other communities and regions share their learned lessons and goals.
- Berkshires –action plan, survey results and other helpful resources.
- Boston –action plan, progress reports and innovative initiatives.
- Brookline – The Brookline Community Aging Network (BrooklineCAN) website includes reports, resources and initiatives.
- Cape Ann – An aligned age-and dementia friendly initiative covering a four-community region (Essex, Gloucester, Manchester, Rockport) – includes sample survey for residents and businesses, along with action plan.
- Dedham – action plan and specific initiatives identified by the community.
- New Bedford – action plan and supporting documents
- Peabody – action plan
- Salem – legacy website includes assessment tools and newer “Salem for All Ages” website includes current initiatives and progress reports.
- Springfield – Age-Friendly report includes dementia friendly and age-friendly health system collaboration.
- West Springfield – aligned age- and dementia friendly initiative and action plan.
- Yarmouth – committee embedded in town government. Meeting minutes and agendas.