The National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC) has announced its fifth annual photo contest with a theme of “Celebrating Diversity in Transportation.” The Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative encourages communities working to become age-and dementia friendly to submit photos that highlight caregivers and diverse older adults.
This year, the NADTC launched its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Initiative to support communities to help ensure that transportation services are both equitable and accessible.
To continue their efforts, NADTC wants to shine a light on the diverse populations served in your community and the individuals who work hard to increase the availability and accessibility of community transportation options for older adults and people with disabilities.
What is NADTC looking for?
Photos that depict a wide variety of subjects, such as:
- Racially and ethnically diverse populations using transportation;
- Racially and ethnically diverse drivers/transportation staff or volunteers;
- Youth and Young Adults with disabilities using transportation;
- Transportation vehicles or riders showing diverse cultures/cultural symbols;
- Caregivers, family or volunteers providing support to an individual using transportation;
- Tribal transportation;
- Rural transportation;
- Volunteer transportation;
- Service animals assisting their owners as they ride or prepare to board transportation;
- Transportation riders using technology that supports transportation access or accessible mobility;
- Good customer service or travel training;
- Vehicle operator assistance;
- Transportation dispatch;
- Coordination or Planning;
- Recognition of drivers and support personnel working through pandemic
- Meal and grocery delivery
- Medical appointments
Who can enter?
The contest is open to individuals who are transportation users or advocates and organizations that provide, fund or are involved in (e.g., plan, advocate for, promote) community transportation and serve older adults and/or people with disabilities. Older adults and people with disabilities do not necessarily need to be your only target audience, but they should be pictured in your submitted photos. We will accept photos from state or local government agencies, as well as nonprofit and for-profit organizations. We will accept entries from the United States only.
How many photos can you enter?
You may enter no more than three (3) photographs. All entries must submit an application and photo release form.
NADTC will award first, second and third place winners plus honorable mention winners. All winning applicants will receive a certificate.
- The First Place Winner will receive a $100 gift card and the winning photo will be featured on the NADTC website.
- The Second Place Winner will receive a $50 gift card and the photo will be featured on one of the NADTC’s social media vehicles.
- The Third Place Winner will receive a $25 gift card and the photo will be featured on one of the NADTC’s social media vehicles.
- Honorable Mention Winners will also be announced and will be featured during the coming year on NADTC social media vehicles or publications.
All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on September 9, 2021.
For the full list of contest rules, please see the NADTC photo contest webpage here.