Point32Health Foundation announced grants totaling $750,000 to 19 nonprofit emergency food response organizations and those working to advance food justice efforts across the New England region. This includes $250,000 to organizations serving Massachusetts.
Grants range from $25,000- $75,000 per organization. These include seven food banks as well as community growers and gleaners, who work to meet the growing demand for locally sourced produce.
In Massachusetts, these awards went to the following organizations:
- Boston Area Gleaners, Boston, Mass. ($50,000)
- Community Harvest Project, Grafton, Mass. ($25,000)
- Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, Hatfield, Mass. ($50,000)
- Greater Boston Food Bank, Boston, Mass. ($50,000)
- Rachel’s Table, Worcester, Mass. ($25,000)
- Worcester County Food Bank, Worcester, Mass. ($50,000)