The Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative is pleased to promote the following events from our partners that help advance inclusive age- and dementia friendly communities:
- Let’s Talk, Massachusetts: Embracing Conversations to Build Community (virtual, Sept. 28th, 10 am – 12:30 pm)
The Massachusetts Taskforce to End Loneliness and & Build Community is pleased to invite you to participate in the annual virtual summit to celebrate National Good Neighbor Day on Thursday, September 28, 2023, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
“Let’s Talk, Massachusetts: Embracing Conversations to Build Community” is a call to action to create spaces and opportunity in our communities for us to listen to, learn from, connect to, and honor all residents. By doing so, we renew our social contract to be a good neighbor, helping ensure all Massachusetts residents enjoy stronger social health.
- AARP Age- and Dementia Friendly Summit (in-person, October 31, 9 am – 4 pm)
Cities and towns all over Massachusetts have experienced a lot of change over the last several years, including transformations in how people of all ages and life stages live, work, and play.
This Age and Dementia Friendly Massachusetts event will explore how local leaders can implement strategies in urban, suburban and rural communities that:
- Ensure parks and public spaces are accessible for people of all ages and abilities
- Keep a focus on equity and engaging diverse populations
- Recognize the value of opportunities to engage and empower residents of all ages
- Uncover opportunities for securing financial support
Participants will be exposed to best practices and, insights in order to design approaches that meet the needs of residents in their communities and across the Commonwealth.