The Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative is pleased to promote the following events from our partners:
- Pension Action Center Summit to Fight Fraud
Sponsored by Investor Protection Trust, and presented with the Massachusetts Securities Division, the Pension Action Center will host an in-person convening on fraud prevention on Tuesday, March 19th, 2024.
Hosted in the UMass Ballroom space from 9am-3pm, with programming starting at 10am after a breakfast welcome reception, we will gather a group of experts in this field: guest speakers and panelists including several Q & A sessions. We aim to have presenters from community law enforcement, AARP MA, the Banker’s Association, state officials, in addition to other stakeholders and experts in this space.
Programming will likely include the following: Secretary of State Galvin, Mike Festa from AARP MA, Anna-Marie Tabor from UMass Boston, Rachel Webber NWDA, as well as Undersecretary Layla D’Emilia. This will be a hybrid event, live streamed for those who can’t join in person on the day.
- Massachusetts Community Health and Healthy Aging Funds Technical Assistance Sessions
The team behind the Massachusetts Community Health and Healthy Aging Funds have scheduled opportunities below to share more insight into the applications process, expectations, document requirements, and more. This is a great opportunity to ask questions, interact with other potential grantees, and prepare for the composition of a full proposal. Please see the descriptions below for more information on each session and the registration link.
- Thursday 1/24 11am-12pm | TA Session 2- Understanding Policy Systems and Environmental (PSE) Change: Click here for zoom link
- This session focuses on the foundations of PSE and how to move your work to make sustainable, lasting change in your community.
- Monday 1/29 2pm- 3pm | TA Session 3- Community Engagement: Click here to register
- This session covers the importance of community engagement and how to ensure that those most impacted are involved at all levels in your proposed project.
- Thursday 1/31 3pm-4pm | TA Session 4- Health & Racial Equity: Click here to register
- This session covers how to formulate and implement actions that advance the health and racial equity of the identified target population
- Monday 2/5 2pm-3pm | TA Session 5- Evaluation: Click here to register
- This session covers the importance of evaluating your initiative, including policy, systems and environmental change and community engagement, and provides insight into equitable and anti-racist evaluation frameworks.
- Thursday 2/7 11am-12pm | TA Session 6- Applications Portal & Application Documents: Click here to register
- This session covers how to navigate the application portal, workplan, and budget template
- Monday 2/12 1pm-2pm | TA Session 6- Open Q & A Session: Click here to register
This session is a general Q & A session open to all potential applicants