Check out the following events that can help promote inclusive age- and dementia friendly communities!
- April 8: Encore.org – Generations Serving Together
This 60-minute session will answer your questions about Encore.org’s Generations Serving Together incentive grant to age-integrate national service.
Encore.org will award four $25,000 grants to co-generational initiatives that age-integrate national service or significantly expand or deepen existing work that brings younger and older AmeriCorps members and volunteers together to solve social problems. Grant recipients will participate in a powerful, virtual cohort experience, rooted in peer learning, shared challenges and problem solving, networking and mutual aid. Encore.org will also share stories of grantees’ work with its audience of supporters and media.
More info available here.
- April 11-14: Alzheimer’s Association and Community Catalyst – Virtual Listening Sessions
The Alzheimer’s Association MA/NH Chapter is collaborating with Community Catalyst to conduct a series of listening sessions to help inform policies and programs to continue to improve care and reduce disparities for people with memory loss for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Community Catalyst will be conducting four virtual listening sessions next week:
- April 11th from 2:00-3:00 PM for people living with Alzheimer’s and other dementia (Spanish)
- April 12th from 2:00-3:00 PM for people living with Alzheimer’s and other dementia (English)
- April 13th from 3:00-4:30 PM for caregivers (English)
- April 14th from 3:00-4:30 PM for caregivers (Spanish)
For more information please reach out to the Community Catalyst team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 16: Honoring Choices – National Healthcare Decisions Day
Every year the Honoring Choices Partners & Friends celebrate April 16 National Healthcare Decisions Day using their easy-to-use programs and tools. Just choose a date in April or May to co-host a webinar; they’ll supply the presentation and post on the 2022 Events Calendar.
For resources and other information, see the Honoring Choices website here.
- April 12 and 25: MBTA Capital Improvement Plan Public Meeting (4/12) and Public Comment Deadline (4/25)
The MBTA Capital Investment Plan (CIP) is a rolling, five-year investment program that funds the planning, construction, and capital maintenance of assets across the transit system. At this meeting, the MBTA will provide an overview of the proposed FY 2023 – 2027 MBTA CIP and discuss some of their key capital projects.
For more info on how to attend the listening session and submit comments that promote age and dementia friendly transportation, see the MBTA CIP website here.