There are always opportunities to access education and training that can help your community or organization become more age- and dementia friendly. Check out the following events listed below:
- Mass. Department of Public Health – COVID-19 Community Impact Survey Results on Caregiving (Jan. 13 from 1:00-2:30)
Please join the Massachusetts Department of Public Health for a virtual webinar sharing key findings from the COVID 19 Community Impact Survey (CCIS) on the pandemic’s impacts on Caregivers.
- Dementia Friends Champion Training (Jan. 21 and 25th)
Participate in a free Zoom training that will give you the knowledge and materials you need to share awareness about dementia. Dementia Friends is a global public awareness program that helps everyone in a community learn about dementia, how it affects people, and the simple things that we can all do to make a difference. To learn more, watch this 2-minute video.
Two different training dates are available in January. Adults and high school students in Massachusetts are eligible to participate. Choose the date/time that is best for you!
- Friday, January 21, 9:00 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. Register in advance here.
- Tuesday, January 25, 2:00 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. Register in advance for this meeting here.
- MassMobility, MassDOT and MHAC – Mobility Management in Mass. (Feb 3rd, 10:00 am – Noon)
Navigating community transportation options can be confusing for older adults, people with disabilities, and others in need of a ride. Through using mobility management strategies, you can facilitate mobility – by working directly with consumers to help them become aware of and learn to use the options available to them, and/or by working with transportation providers and other stakeholders to coordinate and expand mobility options.
Join MassMobility, MassDOT Rail & Transit, and the Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative on February 3 to hear how local agencies are incorporating mobility management into their work.
Those interested can register here.
- Alzheimer’s Association of MA/NH Education Programs
Check out the list of free upcoming educational programs from the Alzheimer’s Association of MA/NH. These programs cover a range of topics from recognizing warning signs of dementia to financial planning and communication strategies.