AARP Massachusetts is seeking nominations for the AARP Andrus Award for Community Service. The association’s most prestigious volunteer tribute recognizes outstanding individuals age 50 and older who are sharing their experience, talents and skills to enrich the lives of others.
Aside from being age 50 or older, eligibility requirements include the following:
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which nominations are based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. Volunteers receiving small stipends to cover costs associated with the volunteer activity are eligible.
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nominations are based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose (see below)
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nominations are based must be replicable and inspire others to serve
- Couples or partners who perform service together are eligible; however, teams are not
- The recipient must live in the awarding state
More information, along with the online nomination form, are available here.