The Massachusetts Councils on Aging (MCOA) continues to be committed to advancing the health and well-being of older adults through offering access to timely flexible behavioral health services.
Considering how older adults have been seriously impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the organization is pleased to announce funding is available to fund new older adult behavioral health programs to strengthen the capacity of the Elder Mental Health Outreach Team (EMHOT) and Elder Mobile Outreach Team (EMOT) network that exists within the Aging Services Access Points and Councils on Aging. This opportunity is open to member Councils on Aging, Aging Services Access Points, Area Agencies on Aging, other community-based human services organizations, and behavioral health providers.
More information on the program and how to apply is available at the following links:
REMINDERS – Previously Announced Funding Opportunities Currently Open
The Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative recently posted about the following funding opportunities available to age- and dementia friendly community coalitions and their partners. These opportunities can help address a variety of needs:
- Community Compact IT Grant Program: Open Sept 15 – Oct. 15
- Community Compact Best Practices Program: Rolling application accepted until funds are exhausted
- Community Change Grants from America Walks: coming soon
- Local Cultural Council Program – Deadline: Oct. 15
- Community Mobility “Ready to Launch” Grants: deadline 10/15