Following up on a successful partnership that engaged more than 1,700 older adults across the state in 2020, the “Senior Days” program that sets aside time for older adults to conduct business at their local RMV will once again host staff from aging service access points (ASAPs) to serve as resources on available services and supports.
Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative and the Registry of Motor Vehicles are teaming up again with the support of the Executive Office of Elder Affairs and the state’s network of ASAPs.
MHAC previously posted about this partnership and is proud to continue working with state and local partners to provide valuable information and resources to older adults. Thus far, the following ASAPs are partnering with their local RMVs to engage older adults beginning in September:
- Old Colony Elder Services (Brockton and Plymouth RMVs)
- Springwell (Watertown RMV)
- Mystic Valley Elder Services (Revere RMV)
- WestMass Elder Care and Greater Springfield Senior Services (Springfield RMV)
- Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley and North Shore (Lawrence and Danvers RMVs)
- Aging Services of North Central Massachusetts (Leominster RMV)
Massachusetts law requires drivers who are 60 years of age or older to renew in person. The RMV has dedicated hours on Wednesdays at certain RMV Service Centers to anyone 65 years of age or older to process any RMV transaction with an appointment.
Below are the options to make an appointment:
- If you are a AAA member, you may make a reservation now to renew your driver’s license/ID at a AAA location. Visit aaa.com/appointments to schedule your visit.
- If you are not a AAA member, visit Mass.Gov/RMV to make a reservation to renew at an RMV Service Center. Select the Seniors License Renewal option on the Make/Cancel a Reservation transaction
- Email the RMV for assistance to renew at MassDOTRMVSeniors@dot.state.ma.us
- Call the RMV at 857-368-8005
The Seniors License Renewal reservation warns customers that they will not be served if they select the Seniors option and they are not at least 65 years of age.