Periodically, the Healthy Aging Collaborative will share news articles that mention state and local efforts to make cities, towns and regions in Massachusetts Age- and Dementia Friendly.
Check out the following articles from early August on the momentum of this movement building across the state.
- Brookline Businesses Work to Become Senior-Friendly (Boston Globe)
- When temps rise, Boston nonprofit provides ‘a degree of comfort’ (Fox 25 News-Boston)
- Boston initiative aims to create an age-friendly city with help from local businesses (Fox 25 News-Boston)
- Berkshires Beat: Exercise Grant (iBerskhires.com)
- Program helps Ashland seniors make homes safer (Ashland Daily Tidings)
- Alarm Box: Free safety assessments offered for seniors (Ashland Daily Tidings)
- AARP Adds 10 N.H. Towns to Network of Age Friendly Communities (New Hampshire Public Radio)