The Center for Retirement Research sponsors the annual Steven H. Sandell Grant Program and the annual Dissertation Fellowship Program in the field of retirement or disability research. The programs are funded by the U.S. Social Security Administration to provide opportunities for doctoral candidates, junior or non-tenured scholars (within seven years of receiving their Ph.D.) from all academic disciplines to pursue cutting-edge projects on retirement or disability issues.
Research focal areas include:
- Trends in disability and survey issues;
- Informing long-term projections and models;
- State and local pensions for non-covered workers;
- Actuarial adjustment of benefits;
- Economic effects of totalization agreements;
- Measuring sources of income;
- Risks and resources in older age;
- Induced entry;
- Opioids; and
- Claimant representatives
Those interested in more information or applying can visit the Dissertation Fellowship opportunity here and the Sandell Grant Program here.