The Healey-Driscoll Administration recently awarded $18.3M to organizations and communities across Massachusetts to create or enhance services that provide short-term relief to family members or primary caregivers of individuals with complex needs.
The 42 awardees demonstrated innovative strategies to deliver person-centered respite care in new or enhanced ways. The funded proposals will support caregivers with reprieve as they care for individuals with chronic or other health conditions, disabilities, or functional limitations.
Funding may also support addressing workforce needs of home- and community-based service providers and ensuring improved access to services that are sensitive to diversity and inclusivity. Award amounts range from $40,000 to $1.2 million.
Grant funding comes from Medicaid Home and Community Based Services under the American Rescue Plan Act. In 2021, Massachusetts created a plan to use the federal funding for enhancing, expanding, and strengthening home- and community-based services as well as behavioral health services.
- AgeSpan, Inc.
- Mystic Valley Elder Services, Inc.
- Opportunities for Inclusion
- Federation for Children with Special Needs
- Home for Little Wanderers, Inc.
- LUK Crisis Center, Inc.
- Advocates Inc.
- People Incorporated
- Tri-Valley Inc.
- Town of Dennis
- Grow Associates Inc.
- Mental Health Association
- Alzheimer’s Family Caregiver Support
- Martha’s Vineyard Center for Living
- The Arc of Greater Plymouth
- Town of Bourne
- Seven Hills Family Services Inc.
- Premier Home Healthcare of MA
- Incompass Human Services
- Riverside Community Care Inc.
- East Point ADHC LLC
- South Shore Support Serv Inc.
- Lynn ADHC, LLC
- The Arc of Bristol County
- Senior Care Inc
- Southwest Boston Senior SRVS
- Metrocare, LLC
- Boss Lady Sister LLC
- Childrens Hospital Corporation
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Inc.
- Town of Burlington
- Bay Cove Human Services Inc.
- Lifepath, Inc.
- Charles River Association
- City of New Bedford
- Toward Independent Living & Learning
- Northeast Arc, Inc.
- WestMass Eldercare Inc.
- Emissary Health, Inc.
- Magnifique Health
- House of Possibilities Inc.