The Massachusetts eHealth Institute at MassTech is seeking digital health startups with solutions for healthcare providers to compete in the Massachusetts Digital Health COVID-19 Recovery Challenge. The Challenge is focused on finding solutions to help healthcare providers and health systems adapt to how they provide care and recover from the pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we access and provide care, exacerbated the racial and income inequalities in healthcare, and impacted the wellbeing of our healthcare providers. Through the support of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration and their SPRINT Challenge Grant, we launched this Challenge to uncover digital health solutions that can support healthcare providers and health systems in facing new challenges to providing care.
In addition to startups and entrepreneurs, this Challenge is also open to intrapreneurs. Intrapreneurs are innovators employed at larger organizations who have ideas for new, innovative products or services. Intrapreneurs are especially suited for this Challenge as they can draw on pre-existing resources at their organization, like staff, lab space, technology, and networks, to quickly bring products to market.
Up to 8 applicants will be selected to participate in a three-month accelerator run by Lever, Inc. During the accelerator, finalists will participate in a series of lean startup workshops and will receive tailored expert mentoring to develop their solution, business plan, and go-to-market strategy. Finalists will also be matched with cutting edge research and development organizations in the Massachusetts Digital Health Sandbox Network. The Sandboxes will work with participants to scope projects to test and validate their solution to bring it to market faster. The Challenge will culminate in a pitch event in June where participants will pitch their product and proposed Sandbox project.
- 1st Place: $100,000 in Sandbox Tuition to complete their Sandbox project
- 2nd Place: $50,000 in Sandbox Tuition to complete their Sandbox project
- 3rd Place: $50,000 in Sandbox Tuition to complete their Sandbox project
- 4th Place: $50,000 in Sandbox Tuition to complete their Sandbox project
This level of tuition can typically cover extensive user experience testing, access to cutting edge lab facilities and subject matter experts, or a pilot in a healthcare setting.
All participants will have the opportunity to:
- De-risk your business model
- Gain access to potential investors and buyers
- Accelerate the time from R&D to production
- Work with experts to assess your testing needs and scope detailed validation projects
- Be prepared for investor meetings
- Pitch in front of expert judges
For more information, check out the MeHI COVID-19 Recovery Challenge website.