November is National Family Caregivers Month and the Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative is proud to offer a range of resources from our partners and national organizations that offer support and ways to honor caregivers.
The national observance of Family Caregivers Month is led by Caregiver Action Network (CAN), a nonprofit that provides free education, peer support, and resources to family caregivers. CAN announced the 2021 theme, #CaregiverAnd which encourages family caregivers to celebrate the passions and interests that enrich their lives.
Here are resources that may be used by age-and dementia friendly communities and our network of partners and stakeholders:
- Caregiver Action Network – National Family Caregivers Month Webpage
- Administration for Community Living (ACL) – Resources and social media toolkit
- Alzheimer’s Association – Webinars and learning opportunities for caregivers of people living with dementia.
- Blue Cross-Blue Shield of MA/Archangels/Mass Caregiving Initiative – The “Any Care Counts” Campaign to support caregivers and learn your score on the Caregiver Intensity Index.
- Diverse Elders Coalition – “Caring for Those Who Care” webinar and resources to support diverse caregivers and older adults.