The Mass. Registry of Motor Vehicles has expanded the sites participating in the “Senior Days’ initiative to accommodate older adults who can visit local RMV locations to renew their licenses.
Also expanding is the partnership between the RMV and the Executive Office of Elder Affairs, the Mass. Healthy Aging Collaborative and the aging service access point network, which are sending staff and information to connect older adults with available services and resources. Security screeners asking a series of COVID-19-related questions are also asking older adults visiting the RMV is they need additional services or supports. Those answering ‘yes’ are referred to aging service access point staff (ASAP) following their appointment.
The full list of RMV sites participating during certain times on Wednesdays through October are listed below:
- Brockton 9 to 12
- Danvers 9 to 4
- Fall River 9 to 12
- Greenfield 9 to 12 (starting on 10/14)
- Lawrence 9 to 12
- Leominster 9 to 1 (switching to 9 to 12 for 10/21)
- Martha’s Vineyard 9 to 12
- Nantucket 8 to 12
- New Bedford 9 to 11
- North Adams 9 to 4
- Pittsfield 9 to 12
- Plymouth 9 to 12
- Revere 9 to 12
- Yarmouth 9 to 4
- Springfield 8 to 1 (switching to 9 to 12 for 10/14)
- Watertown 8 to 1 (switching to 9 to 4 for 10/21)
- Worcester 9 to 12
License and ID renewal appointments are also available at our other open RMV Service Centers that offer general appointments to the public. Select Renew My Driver’s License or Mass ID option on the Make/Cancel a Reservation at Mass.Gov/RMV to view availability and make a reservation at one of these locations.
A renewal letter will be sent to eligible customers who currently hold a driver’s license expiring in September. Below are the options to renew by appointment:
- If you are a AAA member, you may make a reservation now to renew your driver’s license/ID at a AAA location. Visit com/appointmentsto schedule your visit.
- If you are not a AAA member, visit Gov/RMV to make a reservation to renew at an RMV Service Center. Select the “Seniors License Renewal” option on the “Make/Cancel a Reservation transaction”
- Email the RMV for assistance to renew at MassDOTRMVSeniors@dot.state.ma.usemail address.
- Call the RMV at 857-368-8005.