About This Series
The podcast series, ReiMAgine Aging, tells the story of the age- and dementia-friendly movement taking place across Massachusetts. The Commonwealth joined the AARP Network of Age-Friendly States and Communities in 2018. The Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs collaborated with the Massachusetts Healthy Aging Collaborative to highlight local efforts and report on the progress to become an Age- and Dementia-Friendly Commonwealth. Listen to the stories below to hear the voices that make our communities a great place to grow up and grow older.
This podcast shines a light on the experiences of older adults, as well as the individuals and organizations who work hard to care for them. We hope listeners are inspired by these audio stories and take action to make their own communities age- and dementia-friendly.
Link to full release
Older people push back against ageism, defy stereotypes, and share their wisdom.
A coordinated approach to create housing and nurture community connections.
Technology training and online access encourage engagement and independence.
- Executive Office of Elder Affairs
- Age-Friendly Massachusetts Action Plan
- ReiMAgine Aging: Planning Together to Create and Age-Friendly Future for Massachusetts/Year Three Progress Report
- ReiMAgine Aging: Planning Together to Create and Age-Friendly Future for Massachusetts/Year Two Progress Report
- ReiMAgine Aging: Planning Together to Create and Age-Friendly Future for Massachusetts/Year One Progress Report