Recognizing that it takes time to build great communities, but also that quick action can spark longer-term progress, AARP launched the AARP Community Challenge to fund projects that build momentum for change in communities to improve livability for all local residents.
In 2017, the AARP Community Challenge awarded 88 grants, including several in Massachusetts.
- March 21: Launch of the 2018 AARP Community Challenge
- May 16: Applications are due by 5 pm ET
- June 25: Winning applicants will be notified by email by this date
- November 5: All projects must be completed
- December 3: After Action Reports due
Grant applications must be submitted online by using the link below.
However, we recommend that you first watch this short video, read all of the information noted below and download the following PDF attachments, especially the application questionnaire, which is provided so you can prepare your answers offline and then copy and paste your text into our web-based application.
- About the AARP Community Challenge
- AARP Community Challenge Flyer
- Sample Application Questionnaire
- Sample Application Language
- Sample After Action Report for Winning Grantees
- Inspiring Examples From 2017 (online article)
When you’re ready to complete the online application APPLY HERE
Questions can be emailed to CommunityChallenge@AARP.org